The Nurse Bank is considered to be an open door to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We recruit quality nursing staff on a temporary or long-term basis, to meet shortfalls in establishment due to sickness, annual leave and short-term vacancies etc.
You can now apply online for Registered Nurse/Midwife and Health Care Assistant Bank vacancies direct. Go to http://jobs.nnuh.nhs.uk/ to register or for further information.
Registered Nurses and Midwives
- Opportunities at Agenda for Change Band 5 and 6
- The Nurse Bank can offer flexible working hours with paid annual leave
- An introduction to the Trust for nursing staff moving to the area
- Recruitment opportunities for full/part time contracts throughout the Trust
- Training opportunities for nursing staff wishing to return to the nursing profession. Funded Supervised Practice and full Return to Practice programmes are available to all successful candidates
- For further information telephone 01603 287285
Health Care Assistants
- A comprehensive training programme for Health Care Assistants to acute hospital standard
- Processing your application will require 3-years or two satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
- If a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) is required for this post and you are a new employee to the Trust, returning after a break in service or registering with the Staff Bank; any costs arising from a DBS disclosure will be deducted from your salary on appointment if the salary exceeds spine point 9 of the AfC pay scales.If the employee leaves the Trust within two months of commencing employment, any outstanding payments will be deducted from final pay
- If successful at interview, you will be offered a place on our Health Care Assistant training programme, consisting of two-weeks classroom and ward based training. Following successful completion of the course, you can apply for a vacant position.
- You then have two options:
- Option One: to apply for a vacant position on a contract of employment
- Option Two: to register with the Nurse Bank to work flexible hours
- all Health Care Assistant vacancies are advertised on our internal boards located in the East Atrium or West Atrium (beside the hospital restaurant)
- To access a job description and complete an on-line application form please visit the nhsjobs website: http://jobs.nnuh.nhs.uk/
- For further information telephone 01603 286849 or 01603 287537
The Nurse Bank is open from 09:00-17:00 Monday-Friday.
Tel 01603 286849
Registered Nurses/Midwives Tel 01603 287285
Fax 01603 289415