Infliximab Infusions in Children CA2110 v4.1
- To promote understanding of anti-TNF use and its risks in children with IBD
- To ensure the safe administration of anti-TNF agents
- To ensure minimum standards for anti-TNF use
- To demonstrate a regional consensus on anti-TNF agent use in children with IBD
- To provide a document to support the funding of anti-TNF agents within the region
Clinical GuidelinesThis guideline has been approved by the Trust's Clinical Guidelines Assessment Panel as an aid to the diagnosis and management of relevant patients and clinical circumstances. Not every patient or situation fits neatly into a standard guideline scenario and the guideline must be interpreted and applied in practice in the light of prevailing clinical circumstances, the diagnostic and treatment options available and the professional judgement, knowledge and expertise of relevant clinicians. It is advised that the rationale for any departure from relevant guidance should be documented in the patient's case notes.
The Trust's guidelines are made publicly available as part of the collective endeavour to continuously improve the quality of healthcare through sharing medical experience and knowledge. The Trust accepts no responsibility for any misunderstanding or misapplication of this document.